Subject: Kuda i kak zhalovat'sya na Vlada Rutenburga (Was: Zhironovsky)

From: [email-masked] (AI Simulation Daemon)
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 94 15:20:13 EDT

Hi! I'm an artificial intelligence simulation of a typical Soviet emigre. The
welfare cheat that inspired my creation, Vlad Rutenburg of SRI, has recently
contributed more assinine vitriolics to the never-ending saga about "half-Jews"
and the purity of Jewish race. Many are already wondering where to send more
complaints about my prototype's Usenet articles. He's already been chewed out
by his supervisor and his supervisor's supervisor about his net.abuse. But:

In article <[email-masked]>, the Odessite motherfucker blabbers:
>Zel Dmitry <[email-masked]> writes:
>>Vlad Rutenburg ([email-masked]) wrote:
>>: olga from the volga <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>: >I haven't figured out why nobody calls him "Zhidinovsky"
>>
>>: Potomu chto on zhid on tol'ko napolovinu, a
>>: zhiru u nego - na dvoih hvatit. :)
>>
>>Dorogoi Vlad!
>>Nu i suka zhe tu!
>>See the point,huh?
>
>Yes, I do. Ty schitaesch' menya sukoy.

In fact, vse chitateli soc.culture.soviet schitayut Vlada sukoy, but this time
the sneaky bastard has posted from a Delphi account, probably using the 5-hour
free trial. Chto zh delat'? (What is to be done?) Fortunately, our SCS resident
expert on the ethics of sysadmin complaints just came up with another of his
brilliant ideas. Esli emu ne nravitsya soderzhanie statej, poslannyh s BBS, on
posylaet donosy v doktoranturu, gde chislitsya odin iz operatorov BBS. To NS's
credit, CUNY has agreed (so far) with his assertion that a public university
may censor its affilicates' utterances, irrespective of whether university's
computing equipment was used to promulgate them. (CUNY has already lost several
high-profile first amendment cases over the last few years, so perhaps they
should replace their lawyers, after they lose this one.) To cite NS further:

>From: [email-masked] (Nikolay Shulga)
>Subject: Re: Adding the Nazi Boris Veytsman to the nomenclature of network fasc
>Sender: [email-masked] (NNTP News Poster)
>Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
>Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 20:04:45 GMT
>Organization: IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
>
>How about a 'shit roster' - a list of people known to have complained to
>sysadmins? Publish it once a month, just to let people know where the shit is,
>so they wouldn't step into it. May be, in a form of sample kill-file.
>After all, s.c.s is becoming an unsafe place to post.
>Strana dolzhna znat' svoih geroev!

And indeed, NS, with his 1-page complaint, has secured for himself the second
place on his own "stukach list", next to our "official kook" Vorobieff, with
his 20-page donos. The rest of the "lynch mob" promised by Vorobieff has failed
to materialize just yet (address for complaints is given at the end). Odnako, k
glubukomu neschast'yu Shul'gi, on zabyl izvestnuyu SCS poslovitsu: tomu, kto
sidit v steklyannom (sic) sortire, ne pristalo kidat'sya govnom v sosedej. grep
Shulga has discovered numerous recent articles from his IBM address containing
strings like "vyebat'", "huj", and "zhopa". Copies of these articles, together
with the explanations of the meanings of these obscene Russian words, are now
circulating among NS's superiors at IBM, which may soon cause NS to join with
another _former_ frequent SCS poster, who left IBM after it was revealed here
that he lied on his resume and is now selling terminals to brokerage firms. ;=}

Cumming back to the distasteful subject of the "Rottenburp": if you dislike its
ravings, consider following Vorobieff's and Shulga's example, and e-mailing
them back to [email-masked]. Mention that in Shulga's and CUNY's opinion it
doesn't matter where he posts from. Good luck! Post any amusing responses.

>Subject: s NAU^NOJ TO^KI ZRENIQ, OTKUDA BER#TSQ TAKOE GOWNO, KAK wLAD?
>Date: Mon, 11 Jan 93 20:41:03 EDT
>
>dAVE TAKOMU UMSTWENNO OTSTALOMU MUDOZWONU, KAK wLADISLAW "Proud Slav"
>rOTTENBURP <[email-masked]>, DOLVNO BYTX O^EWIDNO, ^TO
>ESLI BY request to repost the updated hU#WYJ sPISOK on Usenet ISHODIL OT \TOGO,
>#BNUTOGO NA GOLOWU, wLADA, A NE OT WPOLNE NORMALXNOGO wLADA sUHANOWSKOGO IZ
>aWSTRALII, TO MOJ OTWET BYL ^TO-NIBUDX TIPA "hUJ TEBE W ZUBY, ANTISEMIT
>POGANYJ, ^TOBY GOLOWA OT WETRA NE KA^ALASX. lOVIL Q NA TEBQ HUJ S PRIBOROM.
>pO{EL NA HUJ." --- CITATY, A NE POLNYJ SPISOK.
>
>pRIPIZDENNYJ wLAD "the e-mailer" --- TIPI^NYJ SOWETSKIJ \MIGRANT. 99% TAKOGO
>GOWNA, KAK ON, I SOZDA`T U AMERIKANCEW TAKU` GOW#NNU` REPUTACI` OSTALXNOMU 1%
>\MIGRANTOW. nIKTO \TO GOWNO (wLAD) DAWNO NE TROGAET (PROTIWNO!), A ONO WS#
>RAWNO WONQET, PERDIT, BZDIT, I DRI]ET NA WESX Usenet O KAKOJ-TO SRANOM \TIKETE
>(NA SEBQ BY POSMOTREL, forger DERXMOWYJ). wIDATX NAZWANIE SWOEGO RODNOGO
>NUVNIKA (SRI) ONO WOSPRINQLO BUKWALXNO, KAK PRIZYW K DEJSTWI`. nA SAMOM DELE,
>SRI --- \TO PROSTO Think tank, TO ESTX KABINET ZADUM^IWISTI. pRI ^TENII EGO
>KRETINSKOGO PIZDEVA U MENQ WOZNIK RQD PRAWDOPODOBNYH PREDPOLOVENIJ O TOM,
>OTKUDA BER#TSQ NA PLANETE NA[EJ PODOBNOE GOWNO (KROME O^EWIDNOGO "IZ oDESSY").
>
>tAK OTKUDA VE BERUTSQ wLADY?
>
>kAK IZWESTNO, SOWETSKIE \MIGRANTKI POSTOQNNO EBUTSQ BEZ RAZBORA SO WSEMI
>PODRQD, NIKAK NE PREDOHRANQ`TSQ, POSTOQNNO PODZALETA`T (NE GOWORQ UV O
>WENERI^ESKIH ZABOLEWANIQH) I DELA`T "BESPLATNO" ABORTY, ZA KOTORYE PLATIT
>mEDIKEJD, TO ESTX MY S WAMI, GOSPODA NALOGOPLATELX]IKI. pO\TOMU-TO W SOWETSKIH
>\MIGRANTSKIH GAZETAH I OB_QWLQ`TSQ STOLXKO ABORTARIEW --- WLADELXCY NEREDKO
>DELQTSQ WYRU^KOJ S PACIENTKAMI. nA bRAJTON bI^E TRUDNO DAJTI vEN]INU STAR[E 16
>LET, KOTORAQ NE IMELA BY UVE NESKOLXKO ABORTOW, A PARA DESQTKOW ABORTOW U
>\MIGRANTOK POSTAR[E --- TOVE NE REDKOSTX. (ok, \TO MOVET BYTX PREUWELI^ENIE :)
>nO PROCEDURA ABORTA, WYPOLNENNAQ SWOIM VE BRATOM \MIGRANTOM, NE WSEGDA 100%NO
>USPE[NA. wOZMOVNO, ^TO IMENNO TAK I QWILSQ NA SWET VIZNESPOSOBNYJ PLOD S
>NA^ISTO WYSKOBLENNYM SERYM WE[ESTWOM, KOTORYJ RABOTNIKI ABORTARIQ I NAREKLI
>SOOTWETSTWENNO "wLADOM".
>
>s DRUGOJ STORONY, W TEH REDKIH SLU^AQH, KOGDA \MIGRANTY NE RASS^ITYWA`T NA
>ABORT, KAK NA SREDSTWO KONTROLQ NAD ROVDAEMOSTX`, IH L`BIMYE PROTIWOZA^ATO^NYE
>SREDSTWA --- \TO EBATXSQ (ILI PO KRAJNEJ MERE KON^ATX) W ROT ILI W VOPU. w
>POLXZU GIPOTEZY O ZA^ATII wLADA W REZULXTATE EBLI W SRAKU GOWORQT EGO QRKO
>WYRAVENNYE ZANDEPROHODNAQ MENTALXNOSTX I OB]AQ GOWNISTOSTX. wOZMOVNO TAKVE, ^TO
>NA[ EBENNYJ W ROT PIZDORWANEC QWILSQ SLEDSTWIEM NE IZWRA]ENNOGO POLOWOGO AKTA,
>A OBYKNOWENNOJ KLIZMY.
>
>|TI DWE GIPOTEZY NE WZAIMISKL@^A@}I: wLAD MOG BYTX ZA^AT PUT#M SNO{ENIQ W
>PRQMU@ KI{KU, A POTOM EMU WYSKOBLILI MOZGI PRI NEUDA^NOJ POPYTKE ABORTA.
>
>a E]E S ODNOJ STORONY, HOTX |TOT TIPI^NYJ PRODUKT SNO{ENIQ W PRQMU@ KI{KU I
>L`BITX (DRO^ITX I) PIZDETX O SWOEM "EWREJSKOM" PROIZHOVDENII, EGO DREMU^EE
>NEWEVESTWO W OTNO[ENII NA[EJ KULXTURY, PONQTNOE RAZWE, ^TO U OBITATELQ
>gIMALAEW, NESOWMESTIMYE S NA[EJ RELIGIEJ RASISTSKIE WYSKAZYWANIQ I IMBECILXNYE
>PUBLI^NYE ZAQWLENIQ O NALI^II U GOWNO#BA KRAJNEJ PLOTI, OSTAWLQ`T OTKRYTYM
>WOPROS, NE SDELAN LI BYL wLAD NEPALXCEM I/ILI NEPALKOJ.
>
>nA OSTA`]IESQ OTKRYTYMI WOPROSY O TAINSTWENNOM PROISHOVDENII wLADOW MOGLA BY
>OTWETITX S NEKOTOROJ STEPENX` ODNOZNA^NOSTI LI[X EGO MAMA[A, ESLI \TA STARAQ
>BLQDX E]E NE POTERQLA DAWNO S^ET SWOIM ABORTAM, A TAKVE TOMU, KTO, KOGDA, KAK,
>KUDA, ^EM I SKOLXKO RAZ E# #B.

A esli Irochka na konventsii otkazyvaetsya brat' v rot, to pozhalujtes' na nee
v CUNY po adresu [email-masked].

"Luchshe iskusstvennyj intellekt, chem nikakogo."

From husc-news.harvard.edu!das-news.harvard.edu!cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu!nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu! godot.cc.duq.edu!news.duke.edu!news-feed-1.peachnet.edu!darwin.sura.net!nih-csl!pruss Sat Jul  9 15:45:57 EDT 1994
Article: 61362 of soc.culture.soviet
Relay-Version: VMS News - V6.0-3 14/03/90 VAX/VMS V5.5; site hulaw1.harvard.edu
Path: husc-news.harvard.edu!das-news.harvard.edu!cantaloupe.srv.cs.cmu.edu!nntp.club.cc.cmu.edu!
 godot.cc.duq.edu!news.duke.edu!news-feed-1.peachnet.edu!darwin.sura.net!nih-csl!pruss
Newsgroups: soc.culture.ukrainian,soc.culture.soviet
Subject: Re: Kievan Rus and Russia
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
From: [email-masked] (dmitry pruss)
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 12:52:40 GMT
Sender: [email-masked] (AMDS Postmaster)
References: <[email-masked]>
Organization: National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, 20892
Lines: 47
Xref: hulaw1 soc.culture.ukrainian:5006 soc.culture.soviet:61362
Status: RO

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Bev Derewianka) writes:
>I read with interest Dimitry Pruss' article on Ruthenia. When 
>did "Russia" come into use? Until 1721 there was no such place as "Russia". 
							^^^^^^^^
>In 1721 Peter 1 was proclaimed
>"Peter the Great, and Emperor of All Russia" i.e. Rus vide Encyclopaedia
>Brittanica ref. Peter 1. Muscovy thus became the Rus'ian (transliterated
>into English as "Russian") Empire, acquiring all the attributes of nation

It's a generally valid point, despite a few necessary corrections. Of
course by using a vague word "place" you meant "a state, or a similar
stable political entity" (it goes without saying as a linguistic, religious
and cultural entity, Rus' continued to exist through the ages when no
Russian state existed; and Russia/Rossia is merely a Bysanthine adaptation
of a word Rus' as a name of a country)

As a state, Russia didn't exist from perhaps as early as XIIth century
(when the dukes of the Russian lands agreed to break their federative links
to form a loose feudal confederation where each duchy was to mind its own
business), and for sure since early XIVth century (when the  
Lithuianio-Muscovite dualism was taking its final shape, tearing the
Russian lands into the two spheres of influence) 

And united Russia didn't fully reemerge until perhaps as late as Peter's
proclaiming an Empire. Yet the process was underway for quite a while, and
the Muscovite claim on all the heritage of Rus' it was first officialy 
recognized by Poland-Lithuania as early as in 1498, when Ivan III of Moscow
was, in a truce agreement, first titled The Ruller of All Rus'. Indeed, the
agreement marked a the first transfer of Lithuania-controlled Russian
duchies (Werhowskie Knyazhestwa around todays Bolhow-Belev-Orel) to Moscow
(in a few following years, Chernigow also came under Muscovite rule, as did
Ryazan', the Okraina = the frontier of the dangerous scarcely-inhabited
Steppe of that time; Lithania's powerful allies in the North, the Great
Novgorod and Twer', were annexed by Moscow as well). 

So the idea that 
>Tsar Peter 1 was not the Tsar of "Russia", he was the ruler of MUSCOVY. 

isn't quite correct. Peter's ancestors have been bothe czars and rulers of ALL
Russia for two centuries before he decided to upgrade the thing to an
empire; the other thing is that the connection of Ukraine, Red or White
Rus' to Muscovy wasn't so consistent before him, in spite of 3 centuries of
Muscovite penetration. I should have pointed it out earlier, in a Konotop
followup: it wasn't really Ukrainians defeating Russians - but rather
Ukrainians beating Muscovites i.e. the Russians spilling blood of the Russians.

		D